Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Technical Writing, Gadgets and Me

Most of what I've learned about computers, mobile devices, electronic and other geeky gadgetry, I've learned the hard way. I read manuals, researching or ask those who know more than me. While it gets the job done, it can be a bit of chasing your tail to get something figured out.

I've always helped my family and friends with technical problems, and I even worked as a tech support agent for an cable internet service provider. So offering advice or fixing a problem, it is a familiar thing for me. I enjoy doing it. I'm not afraid to say "I'm not sure about how to fix that.", and I'm great at researching these types of technical topics.

When I started writing, I gravitated towards that "geek" genre. I like sharing what I know to someone who needs help. I try and keep up with the latest technology and gadgetry, even though what's "new" today is an antiquity in six months. My style varies with my subject matter, and I'm as comfortable throwing down with those steeped in the latest lingo as those who still think construction when hearing a conversation about "Windows."

No comments:

Post a Comment